Thursday, March 5, 2009

RollOclock


This is clock is simply amazing! I've been always a big fan of ideas which approach the same problem from a completely different direction but this invention is an outstanding alternative solution for an ancient demand: to show the time. The creator is a Kazakhstanian guy and I've already contacted him to know where it was sold but he answered that the concept was so new that he was still looking for manufacturers and sponsors to achieve it. The RollOclock is 140 cm wide wall clock, along the edges there are two shafts which turn at the expense of a clockwork. Together with shafts it turns the tape divided into two colours - black (from 12:00 till 24:00), and white (from 24:00 till 12:00). To be honest often I'm more interested in knowing how much time has elapsed from the day than the exact time itself. Once I've got my own flat I will have one for sure. 

2 comments: