Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon


I know this movie is quite old (2000) but I haven't had the opportunity to watch it until yesterday (better late than never). It was a good movie indeed, nice story, nice photography and all but I wasn't so amazed by it, I think the Hero was far much-much better film in all aspects of view, in my opinion the reason why it was celebrated so much was that it was the first movie in its category and it was a novelty in Hollywood.
However, there was one thing what really caught me: the motion picture score. After I watched the movie I was looking forward to listening to the album and it was a very pleasant experience: Tan Dun made an other memorable masterpiece. No wonder the score album won the Oscar and Grammy award (besides the dozens of other awards and nominations what the film had). Amongst many great songs this one is my favourite:

Title: Farewell
Composer: Tan Dun
Release year: 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment