Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Alchemist

Unfortunately my lifestyle doesn't allow me to read too many books, but if I could stop the time the first thing I'd do would be to read all of them; with the knowledge and experience accumulated in the books we could find all the answers what we are seeking for in our entire life by simply reading them all...


I've heard many rumors about Paulo Coelho, he was told to be very popular nowadays, so I decided to taste his writings and following my instincts I started with The Alchemist. And I wasn't disappointed, there couldn't have been a better choice to read Coelho for the first time. I was absolutely carried away by the story of the adventurous journey of an Andalusian shepherd boy who followed his heart and his dreams to finally find the big treasure (and even more) at the most unexpected place. The whole language of the book is as simple and clear as if it was just a bedtime story for children, but there are many great life wisdoms hidden between the lines, and it shares those experiences of life by entertaining you rather than by giving you lectures. This book helped me understand some important things in my life, made me realize the difference between travel and journey, and gave me some new ideas about my future as well. Let me quote my most favourite wise saw from the book:

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment